Sunday, December 4, 2011

Have treats, will perform...

Just last Monday, Q showed you some of the new tricks he had learned - lay down and roll over.  Since then, it has been an interesting week with our new performer (this boy will do just about anything for a treat).  Each day, we take a few breaks throughout the day to either learn a new trick or brush up on the tricks from the day before.

This week's tricks include: shake left, shake right and play dead.
I stopped filming too quickly and missed Quincy flop down in the "play dead" position as if he wanted to continue the routine!  It was too cute!

4 comments:

  1. How did you get Quincy to learn so many great tricks? What's your secret.....:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin, I think it's a matter of perseverance/persistence on my part. We practice frequently and use only the tiniest of treats (sold by my friend, Robin - let me know when you're in the area and I'll get you some!) We focus on one or two tricks at a time and then build from there once Quincy shows he has the trick down pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quincy puts our dogs to shame :) Great job, I'm sure Gianna would LOVE to see your new tricks!!

    ReplyDelete