Friday, June 15, 2012

No double-dipping please...

Today, we met my mom and sister in Wellsboro (my hometown) and walked/wheeled around "The Green", aka, the mini park area on the corner of Main St. and Central Ave.  It's "Laurel Festival" time and there were TONS of people with the same idea; walk around "The Green", shop a little at all the craft tents and food vendors and of course, see if you run into anyone you haven't seen since graduation (which, by the way, was only a couple of years ago so it's not like a lot of time has gone by!).

I haven't attended any part of the Laurel Festival (the week long carny, the craft fair on "The Green", the queens pageant, bicycle and foot races, musical concerts, pet parade or the big finale always on Saturday, the last day of all the hoopla...the Laurel Festival Parade) for a number of years so it was a fun outing.

We were surprised to see a handful of other people and their furry friends also out for the day.  Quincy was really interested in some playtime but no such luck - too many people!  Funny story, as we sat deciding on which food vendor to grab some carny food from, this lady walked up to us carrying a Schnauzer.  We briefly chatted with the lady who was munching on an ice cream cone and as she strolled on her merry way, she reached down with the ice cream cone and gave her dog a bite and then she continued to take another bite of the cone herself!!  No joke, I saw it for my own eyes!  Sorry folks, Q and I don't share a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. but the bed!  No double dippers in this household!

Quincy actually spent most of the time "riding" in my wheelchair and LOVED it!  I decided to walk around a little and push him in the chair which people got quite a chuckle out of.   After strolling around for a while,  we came across a man with a dog on his back.  I just had to take a picture.  At first, I thought he had an infant in a carrier on his back because all I saw was this little ponytail and nothing but hair...turns out it was a little pooch in a pouch!
 
So if you've never been but you're looking for something fun to do next June and you don't mind crowds, you might enjoy The Laurel Festival in Wellsboro.

No, this is not a paid advertisement.

I am in no way affiliated with the Wellsboro Chamber of Commerce or "The Laurel Festival".

But maybe I should be.  :-)


1 comment:

  1. That is a total riot about Quincy riding in the wheelchair and you pushing him. Reminds me of one time when I was biking on the River Walk and saw three ladies in motor chairs with their little dogs riding on the base of the chair along with them. It was so funny!
    And that is gross about sharing the ice cream. I don't share ice cream, ever. Not even cute little kids, and definitely not canines. Haha. I'm with you on that one!
    And what a neat idea of carrying your dog on your back! I want to do that with Bentley when I go for a bikeride....that will be a site! Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete