Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Beans, beans, beans...

So about a week ago, I ordered this beanbag/ottoman (more photography stuff!)...
I'm happy to report that it arrived today!  Unfortunately, you have to fill it yourself which is no biggie because Walmart sells the beans.  

Bob was unusually bored today - what a perfect task for him, right?  Or so I thought...

Here's a snippet from our conversation about it (which took place over about a 15-20 minute period).
 
Me:  Honey, if you're bored to tears, you could go to Walmart and buy the beans to fill my beanbag.

Bob: How many beans does it take?

Me: I don't know, check the paper that came with the beanbag.

Bob (reading the instructions which rarely happens):  It says it takes 350 liters of beans.  I think we ought to go to Sam's club to buy the beans and by the way, I think we may need a pickup truck to haul the beans home!

Me (only half listening because I was busy working): We don't have a Sam's Club membership, just get them from Walmart!

Bob: We use 50# bags of beans at work and I can tell you that's going to take 3 or 4 of those bags to fill that thing!

Me:  Huh?!

Bob: HOW in the world are you going to lift this thing once it's full??

Me: It's going to be light as a feather, well, practically that light!

Bob: How's it going to be that light with all those beans in it??

Me: It's not going to weigh that much once you put the bean bag fill in it...like the other beanbag we have!

Bob: What kind of beans are YOU putting in it because the ones we use weigh quite a bit!

Me: The poly-styro type of beans, what are YOU talking about?!

Bob: (LIGHTBULB moment) OH, you mean bean bag fill NOT beans in a bag!!  Sorry, I just had a severe blonde moment!!! 

Lesson of the day - be thorough in your explanation so you don't end up with 200 lbs of beans in your bag!

2 comments: