Monday, January 9, 2012

Photo Hiatas for Quincy...

Last Friday, January 6th, was absolutely G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. here in Central PA (temps in the 50s) so I thought I'd take advantage of the warm weather and venture outside to practice some photography (and give poor Q a break from me sticking my lens in his face all the time).  I challenged myself to use the aperture priority setting on my camera and I'm really glad I did because I had so much fun even though I wasn't sure what my pictures would look like in the end.

Here's a preview (you can click on each image to enlarge the image if you want)...



The last picture may just be our Christmas card next year!  Think how neat it would look with some snow on the branches (thanks Jenny for letting me photograph your flower pot and tree!).  So far, I'm having a blast with my camera and can't wait for my 50mm lens to arrive!

Looking forward to sharing more photo adventures so stay tuned! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! For someone who just got her camera a few weeks ago, you are taking some amazing shots!! Seriously. I love the first shot especially. And good for you challenging yourself to go into Aperature priority. At this rate you'll be shooting in manual like a pro in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I LOVE my 50mm lens! It creates such beautiful, blurred backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete