Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Saturday "Sitting" (of sorts)...

I was extremely fortunate this past Saturday to "practice" more photography skills on my very dear friend, Heather.  She is pregnant and wanted a way to document her pregnancy - something I jumped at the opportunity to help her with!

It's a win, win situation - she gets a cd of images out of the deal and I (hopefully) develop some skills and some sense of style throughout the process.  Here is a little peak of one shot using a variety of photo finishing techniques...
(Photo taken using 18-55mm lens.  My 50mm JUST arrived yesterday - can't wait to test it out!)

Thank you Heather for the time you spent with me on Saturday; for your patience with me throughout the day; for your willingness to allow me to share this photo here on my Quincy blog and most of all for allowing me the blessing of being part of such a truly amazing event in your life!  I can't wait to take baby photos in July! (Thanks also to Bob for helping guide me with my settings...over the phone, no less!)

Ok friends, let me know your thoughts...bring on the critiques (but be nice!).  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you are catching on very quickly! You even have some editing skills down! Way to go!

    Here's my critique: The only thing I would have personally changed in this shot is which arm she used to hold her belly. I would have put her other hand on her belly so you don't have her arm covering her belly - if they are maternity photos, the belly (aka baby) is what its all about! :) Unless, of course, she wanted her belly covered for a reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Teri! You will LOVE your 50mm lens. I just got one for Christmas and having been driving Asher nuts with it. :-)

    Did you take these in your house? Looks like a very nice setup. Hope you can share more as her pregnancy progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, that last comment was Emily. Guess Drew was still signed into Google. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristi and Emily for your comments! Yes, this photo was taken in our house in front of a circle-top window with a shear curtain hung to diffuse the light. I've been reading TONS of photog info so hopefully my techniques will continually improve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should think about opening up a studio...If you need practice....I have 6 little ones...lol

    ReplyDelete