Sunday, February 12, 2012

2 much time+2 many naps-1 playpartner = 1 bored dog...

While I was doing some ironing yesterday, I guess Quincy got a little bored.  His normal M.O. is to just relax on one of many comfy spots on our bed and watch me iron in between his little catnaps.  Not yesterday - he hopped off the bed, ran down our back hall and grabbed his coat from the bench and came RUNNING into the bedroom acting like a fool, flipping his coat up in the air, then finally settling on the bed...in one of his favorite spots.
 I guess he was trying to tell me something...perhaps he wanted to take a road trip?  He does LOVE road trips after all.

Or maybe he was chilly?  He did just get groomed last week.  Nah, I believe that it was shear boredom and nothing more.  He proceeded to take a little nap while nestled on his furry coat.
 He'd wake up every now and then to check things out.

He does this sort of thing quite frequently but usually he heads under the bed where we can't reach him.  You can tell when he's bored because he WANTS nothing more than to have you chase him!  Just last week, I caught him stealing, yes, he's a thief, his brand new coat and running around with it, chewing it like it was a chew toy!
Boredom can be overcome but not easily for a 9+ month old little pup, especially when his play-partner (Bob) is away at work!  Later in the evening on Saturday (after the furry coat incident), Q found yet another article of clothing that he ran around with...again, wanting to be chased.
In case you can't tell what it is, it's one of Bob's gloves.  Quincy was just dying to have me chase him.  I'm not quite as good at chasing him as Bob but he sure was begging for a good chasin'!
If only I had all that energy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, he sounds like a bit of a rascal, but so endearing too! So adorable! :D Love hearing these stories about him!

    ReplyDelete