Wednesday, February 1, 2012

HFDA...

Wow, 23 years ago on this very date (2/1/12) we celebrated our First Date.  Who'd have ever guessed that you'd become my partner in life!  It's amazing now to look back at that time in our lives when we were so young and still in college.  I am STILL in awe of how God's hand worked in our lives to bring us together.

I remember looking forward to transferring from the Main Campus of W.A.C.C. and heading back to North Campus in Wellsboro.  I had it all worked out that I'd leave the big city of Wmspt and move back home with Mom and Dad.  Thankfully, my strong will took a vacation during that time in my life!  The decision to stay in Wmspt was pretty clear after having wonderful childhood friends (thank you Ron and Karen!) open-up their home to me for my final semester at W.A.C.C.

The class where we met, Supervision and Human Relations, led to our first date.  One date led to two dates, two dates to three and then we became inseparable, as we are even to this day.

There aren't enough words to describe how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband - thank you for being you and for being brave enough to ask an ole' crippled girl like me on a first, second, third date and beyond!  ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this story. In a world where it is easy to quit when things get tough or don't go as planned, you two are an inspiration to others. You are a living testimony the glory goes to God. Happy first date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Roni! Can't say it enough how truly blessed I am - may God receive all the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly an awesome story! Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday to Bob! He is really wonderful as is his wife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! And happy birthday Bob :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! What a sweet and wonderful post! Congrats! Here's to many more happy years together! Oh, and you are NOT a crippled 'ole girl! Many people who are not visibly crippled are far more crippled inside - the worst kind! You have strengths that outweigh any "seeming" weaknesses you have! And THAT's what your hubby saw in you, cuz that's who you really are! :D

    ReplyDelete