Monday, March 12, 2012

Houdini...

This morning as I awoke, I heard Quincy stirring around in his crate at the foot of our bed (literally on top of the covers on my side since I'm so short)!  He decided to get out of bed around midnight and ended up having to spend the night in his crate after he went outside for some fresh air (translation...he did his business).  He's normally a very good sleeper and makes it through the entire night without waking up.

So this morning, I didn't want him to think that I was awake yet so I carefully opened my eyes ever so slightly to see what he was doing.  Much to my surprise, in a moment of great frustration, he slammed his paw against the inside door of the crate causing the latch to flip up in the air AND slide to the open position...all in one paw stroke!  Next thing I know, he was out like Houdini and jumping on me to make sure I was fully awake!  Bob saw the whole thing too from his vantage point and neither of us could believe our eyes!

If that wasn't surprising enough, Quincy decided to head back into his crate a short while later but the door of the crate was completely closed (unlatched but closed).  One might think that he would simply move on and forget the crate thing.  Nope, not Q - I kid you NOT, he grabbed the latch with his teeth, opened the door and scooted into his crate for a little nap!!! (Similar to the photo below.)
I swear, if I had video of each of those special moments, it probably would go viral in NO TIME!  Hmmmm, maybe we'll make those our next tricks since I'm slowly running out of tricks to train him (sit, shake left, shake right, chase your tail left, chase your tail right, roll over, play dead, high 10, and lastly, take a bow!).

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. No way, that is too funny! What a little smarty pants he is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan left Phinley's crate accidentally unlatched an entire night once.....Phin didn't even notice. ha!

    Sounds like Q is quite the little smarty pants ;0)

    ReplyDelete