Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Q at your service...

Tonight, as I was going through the mail, I dropped an envelope.  Normally, I would grab one of my reacher devices and pick it up. This time, however, Quincy was quick to come to my aid.  He picked the envelope up off the floor and handed it to me (with a little coaxing he'll do most anything for a treat, of course).  Ever since I learned a couple of very helpful "service" tips from my sister that she's using with her pup, Jake, I started using the tips with Quincy to make him my little service companion like she is with Jake.

Shortly after I dropped the envelope, I inadvertently dropped the telephone (yes, I have 'dropsy' often, just ask Bob) and of course the back of it flew off.  Much to my surprise, Quincy appeared again and picked up the back of the phone then carried it up onto the couch for me.  Never in a million years did I think he'd be capable of picking up the actual phone since it's kind of difficult to grab, especially for his small jaw.  He surprised me, once again, by picking up the phone by the battery pack that was hanging out the back of it then dragging it up onto the couch in the exact same manner as he did with the back of the phone.

I didn't recreate those exact events but I did simulate something similar for your viewing entertainment (click here if the video didn't make it through your email editor). :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is AWESOME! Teach me! Teach me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A GOOD DOG!!!! That is amazing! So cute AND helpful! Brielle watched this video with me and she got so excited to see Quincy on the screen - she LOVES dogs! :)

    ReplyDelete