Friday, September 16, 2011

Four weeks later...

Wow, where has the time gone?  It's hard to believe that we've had Quincy for almost an entire month - exactly four Fridays ago today, we took the plunge into puppy parenthood again!  What a little fluff ball he was...

There have been plenty of ups and downs (mostly ups) during the last month.  I think the thing that sticks out in my mind most is that I've never said these four words SO many times in my life, "Go pee" and "Go poop"!!  I swear, our neighbors must think I sound like a broken record because every time I'm outside with Q, I'm either chanting one phrase or the other or BOTH!  And don't even ask me how many times I've said the word "NO" in a really firm voice within the last four weeks - if only I had a quarter for each time any one of those words were spoken!  :-)

All in all, Mr. Quincy has been the best thing that has happened in our lives since the springtime.  He brings such joy and fun into our home every single day.  It's hard to remember what life was like before him.  Our love for the Yorkie breed began over 14 years ago with Quincy's predecessor, Spencer, who passed away on March 7, 2011.  Had we not experienced the unconditional love of Spencer, we wouldn't have little Quincy today.  We see so many of Spencer's characteristics in Quincy that we continue to be amazed. 
 Thank you Spencer for being part of our lives for so many years and thank you God for leading us to Quincy!

1 comment:

  1. So happy Q has been such a blessing to you two! So good to see you all so happy!

    ReplyDelete