Wednesday, September 7, 2011

taco soup...

You may look at the title above and wonder, "what the heck does this post have to do with Quincy??"  WELL, nothing really but I have to share this recipe for taco soup with you because it's sooooooooooooo delish and what a perfect way to spread the word!
Now you're probably thinking that this doesn't look much like soup, am I right?  In fact, you're absolutely correct! This is actually my version of a taco omlet!  :-)  I wanted an omelet for dinner so I thought it I'd jazz it up by adding a little twist to it and create this masterpiece!  It was a two egg omelet and 3/4 of my way through eating it, I wished I had made a three egg omelet...yes, it was that good!

Ok, now for the recipe:

1 lb ground beef (or your meat of choice)
1 onion (chopped)
1 16 oz can chili beans
1 16 oz can kidney beans
1 16 oz can black beans
1 16 oz can white beans
(or any combination of beans that YOU like)
1 15 oz can corn
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1-2 cups water
2 16 oz cans peeled/diced tomatoes
1 4 oz can green chile peppers
1 pkg taco seasoning mix

Cook the meat and onion together and add the taco seasoning packet to the mix. Drain the meat as necessary then place all the ingredients in a pot or even a crock pot and let simmer for a couple of hours...simple, simple simple! Serve over a bed of nacho chips or scoops, top with sour cream and the green chile peppers and, of course, some Mexican cheese! For those of you (DAD and Tammy) who like more of a kick, help yourself to some chili powder!

No comments:

Post a Comment