Thursday, September 22, 2011

The perfect medicine...

As many of you already know, my blood results from earlier this week came back indicating that my levels are still dropping which is a TRUE blessing considering where the levels were about four months ago as a result of the staph infection I got during my hip replacement in April.

It's hard to imagine that in just four short months so much good could come out of so much bad.  It's even harder to imagine that if I wouldn't have gotten that same staph infection, we wouldn't have Quincy here in our lives today.  You see, in May when I became horribly ill with the effects of the staph infection, I had to reschedule a dental appointment since it would have been too dangerous to even think about introducing any more infection into my body.  My new appointment was on Monday, August 15th and that's when the story of Q really began...

I went to my dental appointment for a routine cleaning - looking forward to that awesome feeling of newly cleaned teeth!  I happened to be scheduled with a wonderful Dental Hygenist, now known as Aunt Alli.  Early into my appointment, I learned that Alli was a Yorkie lover too and from that moment on, our conversation centered around Yorkies (well, most of the conversation since I had her hand in my mouth for the better part of the visit).  Alli told me that she had been doing a ton of research on Yorkies as she began her quest to find a breeder that met her expectations.  I knew that we'd be looking at doing the same thing in the spring of 2012 so I asked Alli if she knew any breeders here locally.  As my appointment ended, Alli quickly emailed me the contact info of a breeder in Hughesville that she had spoken with.  Before I left, Alli and I joked about setting a 'puppy play date' in the spring once we both had our Yorkies. I didn't think much of it and went on my merry way.

By Wednesday, I thought I'd do some early investigating by calling the local breeder in Hughesville, Robin Landgrebe.  We had a wonderful conversation and she even emailed me some pictures of her Yorkies.  I had decided that we'd continue our investigation in the spring, as originally planned.

On Thursday at 4:30 p.m., Miss Robin emailed me these photos of what would soon become our Quincy...
Don't these photos just scream "Please take me home with you, I'm looking for some good puppy parents!".   Within a half hour of receiving these photos, I was on the phone calling Bob at work to see if he could get to a computer.  Unfortunately, he was busy and had to call me back.  Finally, I was able to email the photos to him at 5:49 p.m. - I think the decision had already been made, at least in my mind!  Much to my surprise, it didn't take any convincing on my part - I think Bob was hooked the minute he saw him.  By the time Bob arrived home from work just over an hour later, we were already making a list of names.  We have a history with the phone book (Spencer) and now with presidents (John Quincy Adams).  We know nothing about JQA but knew we liked the Q portion of his name so we went with it!  The rest is pretty much history and fairly well documented on my previous posts.

As I sent out the email update this morning regarding my blood results and thanked everyone for their prayers, one very wise friend (Roni) emailed me back and said, "I think prayers and Q (there is a reason dog is God spelled backwards) combined to be the perfect medicine"!

2 comments:

  1. Awww shucks...I love this post! But you really didn't need to mention me...it was the LORD! He's the best at setting things up like that. I had nothing to do with it really!
    Just found out I'm not getting a puppy till spring now....:( I'm bummed!
    Glad to hear you're doing better! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for great test results!! I can totally see how quality time with Mr Q could be the best meds out there. :-)

    ReplyDelete