Saturday, August 4, 2012

Miracles really DO happen...

Bob is living proof that miracles do happen!  About 5 hours ago (Saturday, August 4th, around 10:30ish) he decided to cut the grass with his riding garden tractor, something he does just about e.v.e.r.y. week during the summer months...and has done for the past NINE years that we've lived here.  About an hour into it, I looked out the window only to see THIS...
Actually, I didn't even see this much from my vantage point back at the house (about a hundred yards away).  I really only saw a couple of tires sticking up in the air!  Panic would've set in immediately but thank God, I saw Bob walking, yes I said walking, back to the house!!  The only thing he was holding was his head which by the time he reached me, I could see instantly that we needed to go to the ER.  Somehow he wasn't bleeding but the knot on the side of his forehead was growing by the minute and I know that head injuries are nothing to mess around with!

After a mini-battle over whether or not he needed to go to the ER, I demanded convinced him to have it checked out.  I'm so glad that we did because he ended up with a concussion and some other minor scrapes and bruises.  The CAT scan showed no visible signs of any brain bleeds at this point but we're definitely on high alert (translation: we have to set the alarm to wake up every two hours to make sure he's coherent and somewhat alert!).

Unfortunately, as Bob was mowing near the ditch-line, a small section of ground gave way near the edge and the front tire was pulled down into the ditch along with Bob and the rest of the tractor almost entirely on top of him!
You see that really big rock by the rear tire?  Bob smashed his head off from it as the tractor rolled on top of him almost pinning him completely under it - somehow he mustered enough strength to lift the tractor off himself (adrenaline rush).  As soon as he knew the tractor was heading for the ditch, he hit the kill switch on the mower blades.  Seriously, who would think of that in such dire circumstances!?

H.O.W. he walked away from this is beyond me!  Well, not really beyond me because I know that all things are possible through God.  It gives you quite the jolt when such a near death experience happens to you!

It's a true miracle that he wasn't seriously injured or even killed!!

We've thanked God many times over for cushioning his fall.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is so scary! Praise God he is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a praise that he walked away! Praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete