Monday, July 23, 2012

A hair stylist in the making...

Today was the day I've looked forward to for the past week!  I have pledged to teach myself how to groom Quincy with something other than a cheap pair of scissors and today my new grooming kit arrived!!  Woo-hoo!

Here's my shiny new 2 speed, somewhat lightweight clipper set with three blades (LOVE #7 so far).  Wow, these things worked like a charm - cutting through his hair just as smoothly as I had hoped! I like to keep Q trimmed as short as possible during the summer, minus the hair on his face and legs but it's $40 bucks a pop. I've periodically trimmed him with a cheap pair of scissors but there's nothing like a nice trim from a good set of clippers.  

Q's new 'do' sort of reminds me of a mini Schnauzer.

Hmmm, I wonder what you get when you mix the two breeds??

A Schnorkie? 

Sorry, I digress.

See what you think of my first time out using my new clippers...
In case you're wondering, I did leave a little "skirt" and this time around I really only focused on his upper body and tail area.  Q wasn't real thrilled as evidenced by his sporadic nipping at the clippers.  I tried to remedy that by getting some of his favorite treats and it seemed to help him relax a little.

This is Q showing that he's 'on duty' - barking at the neighbors.
I'm confident that Q will get used to me being the groomer just like I'm sure I'll improve each time I trim his hair.  Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results!

For as long as I can remember, I've said that had I been physically able to do so, I would've been a hair stylist...guess there's no time like the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment