Wednesday, July 18, 2012

HIS perfect timing...

So by now, I'm sure you've heard/read all about my little 'episode' in the hospital.  In case you've been following my posts, you also know that since January, I've been practicing my photography skills on my dear (pregnant) friend, Heather whose delivery date was July 5th.  Our plan all along was that I would take my camera to the hospital and snap some photos of the new baby which seemed pretty reasonable...until the dreaded and unexpected GI bleed that threw us all for a loop!

Ironically, Heather and I ended up in the hospital at the exact same time!!  Little Beatrix made her appearance into the world during the wee hours of the morning on Monday, July 9th, 2012.  By the next morning (Tuesday), I was feeling a whole lot better - so much so, that I requested that Bob bring my camera to the hospital so I could pay Heather and Beatrix a little visit (hospital gown and all).

I am still so shocked and amazed at God's hand in all of this - seriously, what are the chances of us being patients at the same hospital, at the exact same time AND me feeling well enough from my sickness to actually get photos of Beatrix at only ONE day old?!

This is one of my favorite photos from our mini-shoot.  It will be the only one posted in honor of the protective new daddy's wishes!  ;-)
I feel so blessed to have captured Heather's pregnancy as I have since January and I know that I've gained valuable experience along the way as well.  It's truly amazing to me to see how God placed the two of us together at this perfect time!


3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more pictures! Glad you're doing better -- what a scare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so sweet. I'm a complete sucker for baby toes. I was wondering about Heather and if you'd get to photograph the baby with your hospital stay. So glad you're feeling better and it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! So precious! Our God is TOTALLY awesome :)

    ReplyDelete