Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stormchaser...

Last Thursday, we had some surprise visitors...my mom, her friend Jody and my sister (no, she's not my twin!).  They stayed just long enough for Quincy to perform some of his usual tricks for Jody who is a big fan of Schnauzer's (I think she's a fan of Yorkies now too!).  Jody was the treat-holder that day so you know that Quincy was performing all kinds of tricks for her since he'll do just about anything for a treat!

I need to work on some new tricks - any suggestions (other than folding clothes, mom!)??

It's hard to believe that we went from this BEAUTIFUL, hot, sunny day...
To this, unbelievable storm within just a couple of hours...
 
I was armed with my camera, ready to get some great storm photos.

You'd think I was a storm chaser but I'm not really!

Well, maybe secretively.

That was the storm from Thursday.  Unfortunately, it has been a summer filled with unpredictable weather in just about every corner of the US.  Just two short days later and there was a severe storm that hit Williamsport SO hard there were flash floods. Fortunately, we did not get hit with that torrential downpour!!  We did, however, receive a shower but nothing like what they received.

In fact, this was the view out our back door after the shower passed through here...
Really amazing...it was my first rainbow with my new camera.  

So cool!

I think I'll go chase a storm now.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment