Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A wild week of events!

Or maybe this would be more appropriately titled "A week of wild events"??  I couldn't come up with anything more creative so that's all you get this time around.  ;-)

Wow, what a whirlwind of a week since I last created a post!

  • Tuesday - I had surgery which as you may recall was easy and uneventful (yeah!).
  • Wednesday - My dad had a heart attack on one of the biggest holidays of the year, July 4th, and spent several hours in the local ER before an ambulance was located to transport him to a "major" facility well equipped to handle heart attack patients (don't ever have a life threatening health condition on a night where all ambulance service is dedicated to fireworks festivities!).
  • Thursday - Spent the day visiting my dad and waiting to hear details about his heart attack and the plan for treatment.
  • Friday - this is where my week really fell apart! I got sick with severe stomach pains and vomiting to the point that within 2 hours, Bob couldn't get me to the ER fast enough. Unfortunately, I ended up with a GI bleed and was transferred from MV ER to Wmspt Hospital...ICU, of all places!!!
  • Saturday night - transferred to a regular room and spent the next 3 days there trying to figure out the cause of the problem, ugh!!
The highlight of my stay happened the moment I found out about the hospital being a "pet friendly" facility!! Of course you know what's coming next! Yep, Q made a short appearance at the hospital to visit me right in my hospital room!  (See, I even have one of his favorite blankets covering me - thought he'd feel more comfy with something from home to lay on.)

Unfortunately, Quincy was on high alert and his senses were super-heightened AND I think that he was miffed at me for not being home for so many days in a row!! Quite honestly, he was more interested in sitting on my friend Lori's lap and loving' her up (I'm over it Lori, promise!). :-)

Tuesday - final GI test AND discharge day, hooray! Preliminary diagnosis: ischemic colitis.

A certain someone was SO THRILLED to see me when I got home that he spent a ton of time giving me the lovin' I missed out on the previous day!! Q did something he rarely does while we ate our dinner...spent the entire time laying in the chair that I normally sit in while I watch tv.

SO glad to be home and thrilled that my dad is healing well from his surgery too. Now, we just need to focus on getting him back home and on the mend! Thanks for all the prayers, love and concern for my dad and I during the last week!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Teri, when I saw this post title I was hoping for a whole list of wonderful things. This is terrible!! I hope you and your Dad are both feeling better. So glad Q got to come visit and lift your spirits. By the way, when I read how Q wouldn't sit with you in the hospital I had a flash-forward to October when ladybug is born. I have a feeling Asher is going to be pretty mad at me. Sad, but a little funny.

    Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! I am so sorry to hear about all you went through! I hope you and your dad are on the mend! So happy to hear that Quincy came in and cheered you up! He is so adorable in all his pictures! I love his haircut! I am picking my puppy up day after tomorrow! Yipee!!!! I can hardly believe it's finally here!

    ReplyDelete