Monday, July 2, 2012

Trip down memory lane...

Hopefully this post looks ok! It's my first using a new posting tool for my iPad called Blogsy. Also, all photos are SOOC (straight out of camera)...no ability to edit at this time since my computer is in the shop. :-(
 
We took a day trip over the weekend to visit my parents in which is the old homestead of my grandparents (also where my mom and her 5 siblings grew up). My mom took me for a ride around the property and it was like taking a trip down memory lane, seeing so many pleasant sights from my childhood! We road around in my mom's handy little truck...

This is the creek (or "crick") at the back of the property, also known as Hills Creek - located a few miles from Hills Creek State Park.
This is a little part of the mountain that my grandparents used to own. I remember making trips to this section of the property with my grandfather so he could cut wood for heat (back then, the deer, bear and other wildlife had it all to themselves).

Seeing these blueberry bushes, makes me want to plant some...LOVE good bb's!


These black-eyed Susie's grow in the wild all over - so pretty!


All in all, it was a very nice day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment